While a lot of people have committed to taking 12 pictures on the 12th of every month in 2012, I’m not one of them. It’s all I can do to take one picture a day. Instead, I’ve decided to use the 12th of each month to reflect on my 12 goals of 2012.
- Finish writing my novel. –> You didn’t really think I’d have that done by now, did you? Between the months of November and December of last year, I picked up my pencil and wrote the first few chapters of the sequel to a book I had yet to finish. It may sound bizarre, I know, but the characters were speaking to me about their continued story, and I felt compelled to listen. While I haven’t yet continued the first part of their story on paper, I have been thinking a lot about the holes I need to fill and how I’m going to fill them. Looking at my schedule for this month, I know that, realistically, I probably won’t get much – if anything – written between now and February, but I’m okay with that. As long as the characters continue chattering and as long as the pencil is back in hand by next month.
- Write. Period. –> Progress has been made here. Though I can’t say that I’ve written every day (although that’s not the goal), and a lot of the writing I’ve been doing is not public, my fingers have been busily dancing on the keyboard from writing in my journal, to contributing to a friend’s blog, to reviewing a book. While I’ve been writing for very different purposes as compared to years past, the practice has reaffirmed what I already knew to be true: Writing makes me happy, and thus I should write period, no matter what the reason.
- Submit another article for publication and/or return to content writing. –> I’ve been doing a lot of content writing for work lately, and though this doesn’t count toward my goal, it is helping me get back in shape for the kind of content writing I want to do this year.
- Read 12 books. –> I read The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder at the beginning of the year, and I’m about to start Ripper by the wonderful Amy Carol Reeves.
- Have more date nights with Hubby. –> On the first of the year, we went to the movies to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and last Friday we tried a new-to-us Mexican restaurant (dessert was at McD’s because we’re classy like that) and then spent the rest of the evening being Guitar Heroes. Two dates in two weeks? Go us!
- Try at least one new recipe each month. –> No new recipe thus far this month, but I have 19 more days to get on track with this goal!
- Make a decision about my Etsy store. –> Yeah, I’m ignoring this one for now.
- Complete my scrapbooking WIPs: iScrap, Me the Abridged Version, and Everyone Can Write a Little. –> I have yet to revisit these; however, I am more than 1/3 through my Fall 2011 album now. I’m all about celebrating the small victories, people.
- Keep up with Project Life. –> Keeping up with pictures? Yes. Keeping up with my binder? Not so much as of yet.
- Play with my Library of Memories at least once a month. –> Again, I have 19 more days before blowing this one.
- Blog two to three times per week. –> I blogged two times last week, and while this is only the first post of this week, I have another one planned to go before Sunday rolls around.
- Continue practicing Hebrew. –> Yes! I’ve already attended two classes this year. I am FAR from where I’d like to be, but I’m excited that I’m recognizing more and more words both in print and in conversation.
Granted, I’m not exactly out of the gate running, but I’m seeing progress, and that’s all I need to keep me motivated! How are your goals for the new year shaping up thus far?