What things, accomplished everyday keep you centered and focused? Even when the life serves up interruption after interruption with a side of distraction; What are the must dos that keep you breathing and balanced?
(Can you smell a scrapbook layout?) In the meantime…
- Music. A day without music is a bad day. The right song can cheer me up even when I’m in the worst of moods.
- Hugs and kisses from my sweetie. It’s the way I start each morning and end each night. (And if I’m lucky, I steal a few in between.)
- Talking to my mom. Whether via phone or email, whether a serious talk about life changes or a silly conversation about soap operas, I feel like something is missing if I go a day without talking to her.
- Quality kitty time. A purr and a nudge from Mimi can turn any frown upside down.
- Nighttime gratitude and prayers. Those few minutes before turning in for the night are mine to share with G-d, to silently say thanks for all the blessings in my life, and to pray for the well-being of my loved ones.