It’s taken a year, but my iPhone finally speaks my language. Admittedly, its vocabulary is not very sophisticated (but then again, neither am I).
- MBS: This stands for My Beautiful Stranger, and she is the one I text with several times a day, each and every day (except for Mondays when we are estranged by our competing television shows). How she came to earn that title deserves its own post. (Let’s just say it has something to do with alcohol, the “next morning,” and Madonna.)
- LOL and all its many variations (most notably LMAO and LMFAO): I laugh a lot. What can I say?
- NCIS, Gibbs, Ziva, DiNozzo: I often text and tweet about NCIS, one of my favorite shows, and my three favorite special agents.
- Jin, Hurley, Sayid: Uncommon names, you say? Not if you watch LOST. Because I text every LOST night with MBS and another girlfriend, these otherwise unusual names quickly became part of my iPhone’s repertoire.
- Stephenie Meyer: This is the author of the book I tweeted about on Twitterific and TwitterFon for at least a solid month. It should be noted that my iPhone also knows the word Twihard (yes, because I am one).
- SVU: I always alert my mom to when a Law & Order SVU marathon is playing. I’m her personal television guide. Texting with my mom is also the reason my iPhone knows AMC, OLTL, and GH, the acronyms for our favorite soap operas (see post about being addicted to bad TV).